1950 A group of parents and volunteers founded the Greensboro Cerebral Palsy Association, Inc. GCPA began operating the Cerebral Palsy Training Center on a part-time basis.
1952 The Center was open full-time and the name was changed to the Greensboro Cerebral Palsy School.
1953 The first full-time director, Bennie Lee Inman, was employed, a speech therapist was added to the staff, and a lunch program began.
1957 GCPA became an agency of the newly organized United Fund, predecessor of today’s United Way of Greater Greensboro.
1970 An Infant-Toddler Program was established for children under the age of three.
1979 The School received accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and was recognized nationally as a model program.
1982 GCPA and Guilford County Schools entered into a partnership; The Cerebral Palsy School was closed and GCPA programming moved to Gateway Education Center.